WEET-BIX TRYATHLON 2013 - EVENT DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged between 7 and 15 years inclusive who, with the consent of their parent or guardian, fully complete the registration, including making full payment, to participate in a 'Weet- Bix Kids TRYathlon 2013' series event. To register the individuals will need to visit www.weet-bix.com.au, follow the links and register online or download a registration form.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Only one (1) entry per person permitted throughout the promotional period.
5. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
6. Promotion will be promoted from 22nd October 2012. Registration closes for each event at 11.59 AEDST/AEST (as the case requires) on the dates outlined in the table below, unless closed earlier due to a particular event reaching its field capacity or extended due to an executive decision by the Event Manager. To be entered into the draw, individuals who have registered for an event prior to that event’s registration close date must attend their event on the date and at the location outlined in the table below, and check in with the event organisers prior to their Event Check In Closing Time, as stipulated in the table below. Individuals who register for an event after the Registration Close Date for that event, who do not attend their event, or who do not check in with the event organisers prior to their Event Check In Closing time will not be entered into the draw.
||Event Check In Closing Time
||Online Closing Date
|Central Coast (Woy Woy)
||8.30 am on Sunday 20 January
||Sunday, 6 January 13
|Sydney Olympic Park
||8.30 am on Sunday 3 February
||Sunday, 20 January 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 10 February
||Monday, 28 January 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 24 February
||Sunday, 10 February 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 10 March
||Sunday, 24 February 13
||8.00 am on Sunday 17 March
||Sunday, 3 March 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 14 April
||Monday, 1 April 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 28 April
||Sunday, 14 April 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 12 May
||Sunday, 28 April 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 19 May
||Sunday, 5 May 13
||8.30 am on Sunday 26 May
||Sunday, 12 May 13
7. A draw in respect of each event will take place at each Event Location during the event and before the completion of each event, once Check-In has been completed. Winners will be announced at each event location before the completion of each event. Winners will be notified in writing within 2 days of the draw. Winners of prizes valued at over $250 from the Adelaide event will be published at www.weet-bix.com.au on 26.04.13.
8. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. In each draw for each event, entries will first be divided into the following four (4) categories: Boys Aged 7-10, Girls Aged 7-10, Boys Aged 11-15 and Girls Aged 11-15. The first valid entry drawn at each event in the Boys Aged 7-10 category will win a TREK bike valued at $349. The first valid entry drawn at each event in the Girls Aged 7-10 category will win a TREK bike valued at $349. The first valid entry drawn at each event in the Boys Aged 11-15 category will win a TREK bike (size 13) valued at $399. The first valid entry drawn at each event in the Girls Aged 11-15 category will win a TREK bike (size 13L) valued at $399.
10. Following the awarding of the above prizes, entries for each draw at each event will be recombined to award the remainder of the prizes as follows: The next two (2) valid entries drawn at each event will each win a $100 ASICS footwear voucher; and the next four (4) valid entries drawn at each event will each win a Arena prize pack valued at $100, consisting of a mesh bag (RRP $20), Kickboard Pro (RRP $35), Spider Goggles (RRP $20), and a Body Dry II Towel (RRP $25), and the next four (4) valid entries drawn at each event will each win a Bontrager helmet valued at $70.
11. All prizes will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
12. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the ASICS voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the ASICS voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the ASICS voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the ASICS voucher.
13. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
14. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Total prize value for each event is $2,376.
16. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless stipulated otherwise.
17. If there are any unclaimed prizes from an event, then entries for that event will be entered into an unclaimed prize draw to award any unclaimed prizes from that event. If required, a draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 27.08.13 at Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company, 1 Sanitarium Drive, Berkeley Vale NSW 2261 at 3pm AEST subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing with in 2 days of the draw. Winners, if any, of unclaimed prizes valued at over $250 from the Adelaide event will be published at www.weet-bix.com.au on 3.09.13.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any of the ' Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2013' events is cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
22. As a condition of accepting the prizes, the winner's parent or guardian may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
24. The Promoter is Australian Health & Nutrition Association Limited trading as Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company (ABN 63 096 452 872) of 1 Sanitarium Drive, Berkeley Vale, NSW, 2261. Phone number: (02) 4348 7777.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/8537
ACT Permit No. TP12/3911
SA Permit No. T12/2001